- a small edible berry with a bright red color.
- a very popular commercial fruit
- they feature in all sorts of processed food products such as juice, jam, and more.
- It is sour in nature, so they are usually available in their dried form and contain added sugar.
- However, it is possible to find fresh berries.
- they contain large amounts of phytonutrients, and these compounds tend to be very bitter or sour in nature.
- Nutritionally, cranberries are a decent source of vitamin C per 100g ;
Calories: 46 kcal
Carbohydrate: 12.2 g
Fiber: 4.6 g
Sugar: 4.0 g
Fat: 0.1 g
Vitamin C: 22% RDA
Manganese: 6% RDA
Vitamin E: 4% RDA
Vitamin K: 4% RDA
Copper: 4% RDA