- one of the most popular fruit
- they are technically a drupe – a fruit with a hard stone inside.
- is a small fruit with a sweet and juicy taste
- two main types of cherry
- sour cherries
- sweet cherries
- sour cherries have the slightly better nutritional profile and cultivated in
- Turkey and the United States are the biggest producers of sweet cherries.
- Cherries are a seasonal fruit, but frozen cherries are available around the year.
- Per 100g, here is the nutritional value of sour cherries;
Calories: 50 kcal
Carbohydrate: 12.2 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Sugar: 8.5 g
Fat: 0.3 g
Protein: 1.0 g
Vitamin A: 26% RDA
Vitamin C: 17% RDA
Manganese: 6% RDA
Potassium: 5% RDA
Copper: 5% RDA